Our Aims And Ethos
Girls Enjoying Success
Our Mission: To inspire pupils to develop scholarship, integrity, altruism and independence. Channing School is a centre of academic excellence in North London, where we ensure that every girl feels empowered, valued and supported. We provide a stimulating and vibrant educational experience that nurtures and sustains independent thinking, confidence and creativity.
We uphold our Unitarian heritage and encourage girls to develop respect, tolerance and understanding of all faiths as well as individual and social responsibility. For as our namesake, William Ellery Channing, said:
Each of us is meant to have a character all our own, to be what no other can exactly be and do what no other can exactly do.
The Channing Promise
The Channing Promise was developed by the girls themselves, for every member of the school, including Governors, teachers, pupils and support staff, to ensure the school remains a happy and positive place to be.
It is printed at the front of the diary that every girl receives at the start of term.
- We treat everyone with respect and kindness.
- We try to think of others and be aware of their feelings.
- We enjoy the freedom to act, think and be heard in a supportive environment.
- We try our best to contribute toward a positive atmosphere.
- We make the most of the opportunities we are given.