Channing is a school for girls aged 4-18 where pupils enjoy outstanding personal success at school and beyond, as a result of our holistic, balanced education, a unique combination in equal measure of:
- Academic excellence;
- Unsurpassed pastoral care and
- Breadth of extra and co-curricular activities.
We aim to develop scholarship, integrity, altruism and independence. Our Unitarian ethos encourages our pupils to be intellectually curious, open-minded and respectful.
Girls Enjoying Success
Strategic Objectives 2020-2025
- To provide an excellent and relevant education, free from undue pressure, that inspires all pupils to achieve their full potential.
- Continue to develop excellent teaching and learning to stimulate and challenge.
- Ensure that the learning needs of every pupil are identified and provided for (including EAL, SEND or MA*).
- Deliver a stimulating and innovative Co and Extra Curricular Programme which engages pupils at all levels.
- Increase opportunities for pupils to develop as independent learners.
- To support personal development which puts wellbeing at the heart of our pastoral provision.
- Continue to develop and deliver outstanding pastoral care.
- To build on our commitment to improving PE and Sport at Channing recognising the positive impact that this can have on pupil wellbeing.
- Further enhance Careers Education and Guidance across the school.
- Extend and promote pupil leadership opportunities.
- To embrace modern technology and use it as a means to enhance pupils’ independence as learners to prepare them for the future.
- Identify and develop the appropriate use of technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- Ensure that pupils are confident and safe users of technology.
- Enhance the use of technology as an enabler for effective and efficient workflow across the School.
- To provide a secure, safe and healthy environment.
- Continue to ensure that child protection and safeguarding is a priority.
- Continue to develop a culture where risks are identified and managed effectively.
- To maintain and invest in our estate and facilities such that they support the school’s aims and objectives.
- Continue to ensure that all policies and procedures are robust, relevant and up-to-date.
- To develop further opportunities for Science, Technology & Engineering (STE) and the Adelante Strategy.
- Provide more opportunities for pupils to achieve success and participate.
- Raise the profile of STE and Adelante in curricular, cross-curricular and extra-curricular programmes.
- To manage the school’s resources effectively and to ensure that the school can continue to attract the brightest students.
- Safeguard the school’s future plans and legacy by further enhancing the school’s financial resilience.
- Improve awareness of the school both locally and more widely such that demand for school places continues to increase.
- Ensure that the benefits of a girls’ only education are clearly understood and communicated.
- To recognise and promote our social responsibility.
- To develop our commitment to developing partnerships and providing opportunities to engage positively with local, national and global communities.
- Widen access to the educational benefits that Channing offers and provide appropriate levels of financial support.
- To develop a whole school approach to becoming a more sustainable school.
- To review existing policies, procedures and practices at Channing School to ensure that diversity, equality and inclusion is supported at all levels.
* English as an Additional Language; Special Educational Needs and Disabilities; More Able