We are delighted to have our very own Forest School at Channing thanks to our wonderful green setting. Each week, girls in Reception (from the Spring Term), Years 1 – 4 have Forest School sessions in the natural wooded area at the bottom of the school grounds. This area is well-sheltered with tree canopies and is inhabited by a variety of flora and fauna!
What are the benefits of Forest School?
- Personal and social development – improving communication skills, working with others.
- Physical activity and movement – fine and gross motor skills development.
- Resilience – problem solving and persistence.
- Confidence – self-esteem, positive attitude, taking more risks, showing initiative, intrinsic motivation.
- Wellbeing – fun and enjoyment, restoration, stress reduction.
- Cognitive impacts – knowledge and understanding about the world around them and respect for their environment.