A well-resourced, fully differentiated and engaging programme
Pupils undertake a well-resourced, fully differentiated and engaging programme of study that makes full use of the outstanding technology we have available here at Channing.
- What is history?
- The Norman Conquest
- The Medieval Era
- The Tudors
- The Stuarts and the English Civil War
- The British Empire
- The Industrial Revolution
- The Campaign for Votes for Women
- World War One
- The Peace Treaties and Inter-war years
- The Second World War
- The Cold War
- British Thematic Study with Historical Environment.
- Thematic Study- Crime and Punishment in Britain, c1000 to present
- How has the nature of law and order changed over time in Britain?
- What impact did changes in Britain have on ordinary people’s lives?
- Historic Environment- Whitechapel, c1870-1900
- What were the local conditions in Whitechapel that led to it being so crime ridden in the 1870s-1890s?
- How were the ‘Ripper’ murders investigated?
- Period Study and British Depth Study
- Period Study – Superpower relations and the Cold War, 1941-91?
- What caused the Cold War and how did it develop over time?
- Why did Communism and Soviet control come crashing down?
- British Depth Study- Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060-88
- Why did William the Conqueror manage to tak power in 1066?
- How did William transform England forever?
- Modern Depth Study- Russia and the Soviet Union, 1917-41
- Why and how did the communists seize power in 1917?
- In what ways did life in Russia transform under Soviet rule?