All pupils are encouraged to attend extra-curricular clubs at Channing. The Physical Education department provide a programme that caters for those girls interested in recreational sport and those girls who wish to represent the school at a competitive level.
- Table tennis
There are regular fixtures against other schools and Channing regularly enters county netball and borough athletics competitions.
- All students are welcome to attend clubs (as long as it is the right club for their year group!)
- If your child would like to take part in gymnastics, judo or cheerleading clubs they should take a letter and return the completed copy to the PE Department. There is a charge of £60 per term for these clubs.
- Students should wear PE kit to take part in extracurricular sports clubs
- If students are taking part in a fixture they must wear full school PE kit. Parents are welcome to watch fixtures (and cheer!).
- If students would like to leave a venue with their parent they must inform a member of PE staff.
- If a student wishes to leave a venue after a fixture they must have written permission from their parent and this must be given to a member of PE staff before they leave the venue.
- Students will always be returned to school after fixtures unless otherwise communicated to parents.
- If fixtures are cancelled due to wet weather we will inform students and parents (via email/text) as soon as possible.
- If there are any questions or queries regarding sports clubs and/or fixtures please contact Miss Della-Porta or any member of the PE Department.
Trips and Tours
Exciting trips and tours are on offer at Channing. The PE department has recently lead ski trips to Switzerland, Canada and France as well as a netball tour to Barbados.